About the job
As a Software Testing Instructor at Brainster, you can make a significant impact by training and mentoring the next generation of professionals. Your role will involve creating a supportive and engaging learning environment and serving as a role model for students.
By delivering lessons from the curriculum, through mentoring and sharing practical knowledge and serving as a subject matter expert, you will guide the students through intricacies of manual software testing methodologies, covering test case design, bug tracking, and quality assurance principles. Moreover you will mentor students in designing comprehensive test cases, identifying and documenting software defects, and effectively communicating testing outcomes.
This is a part-time, hybrid position as all classes at Brainster are conducted online and in real-time. Classes are scheduled on weekday evenings, offering full-time employed professionals an excellent opportunity for a challenging additional job without disturbing their usual workday. From 5:30 PM to 9:30 PM depending on the engagement. The expected weekly commitment for this part-time role throughout the module ranges from 6 to 12 hours.
- Create a Positive Learning Environment: Cultivate a welcoming and motivating atmosphere for learners, promoting engagement and knowledge retention through rapport building and open communication.
- Adapt Teaching Methods to Learner Needs: Tailor teaching methods and materials to diverse learning styles and backgrounds, ensuring effective comprehension and application of knowledge for all individuals.
- Facilitate Critical Thinking: Encourage critical thinking and problem-solving skills by using thought-provoking questions, interactive activities, and real-world case studies to inspire practical application of concepts.
- Inspire Motivation and Engagement: Infuse enthusiasm and energy into teaching, creating an enjoyable learning process that encourages active participation, effective information retention, and practical application.
- Effective Classroom Management: Maintain an organized learning environment by setting clear expectations, managing time efficiently, and handling disruptions to enable focused content absorption.
- Continuously Assess and Improve: Continuously gauge learners’ progress, adapt teaching strategies, and provide timely feedback using diverse assessment methods, reflecting on teaching practices to enhance effectiveness.
- Collaborate and Work as a Team: Actively collaborate with educators, trainers, and subject matter experts, contributing strong interpersonal skills to develop comprehensive training programs and improve overall instruction quality
- Demonstrate Measurable Impact: Contribute to organizational success by ensuring learners acquire job-relevant knowledge and skills, leading to enhanced job performance, increased productivity, and improved employee satisfaction, thereby quantifying our influence.
To be considered an ideal candidate for this role, you should possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 5+ years of professional experience in Software Testing with a focus on manual testing
- In-depth understanding of the software testing life cycle, including test planning, execution, and reporting
- Experience in identifying, documenting, and effectively communicating software defects using bug tracking systems
- Familiarity with a range of manual testing tools and frameworks commonly used in the industry
- Knowledge of Excel, SQL and Linux is preferred
- Curriculum development and lesson planning skills
- Previous experience as a mentor/instructor will be considered as an advantage.
Join our dynamic team and contribute to revolutionizing the EdTech industry.